Our 18 Days in Italy!

Hi Kathy,

Sorry that it took me so long to get this review to you. We returned home to a very busy period! 

As I had told you in my previous message, we truly enjoyed our trip and hope to return one day! Thanks again for all of your suggestions and planning! 

I have been telling people about you and am glad to share our experience with others:


My husband and I spent 18 days in Italy in May, 2015. Kathy worked with me for months choosing our activities and accommodations. I thought I knew exactly what to expect, but I was wrong. 
Our stay in Italy exceeded our expectations!  

We had one unique experience after another. 

The B&Bs were perfect in Montalcino and Chianti. Kathy also helped arrange for drivers and planned our itinerary, where we enjoyed the right amount of touring and relaxation time.

There are too many highlights to name one as our favorite. We loved all of the winery tours, each being unique in its own way. We felt like royalty at the private castle winery tour and lunch in Chianti. 

The food at many stops was fantastic.

We also enjoyed our stay in Florence - the accommodations were very nice and central to all the sights. Our private tour guides were excellent.

After Tuscany, we had an amazing week visiting the Amalfi coast. We stayed at a wonderful small hotel in Ravello, right on the sea (the sun pad on the water and being able to jump right in the sea was a highlight!) The location was perfect for us, as this area was a bit more quiet and we could easily walk to towns like Amalfi, Atrani and Minori. We also had a great time on our guided walking tour of Positano and the Path of the Gods. 

We will never forget the spectacular view while having drinks on the patio under the lemon trees back at our hotel! 




Our final destination was Rome, where we used some unconventional means to visit the Eternal City which really gave us the feel for it as we explored the back alleys, various parks, piazzas, gardens and overlooks. While Kathy has never taken a golf cart tour of Rome (which I highly recommend) she arranged for it at my request. She always went out of her way to accommodate anything we wanted.

She has taken time in choosing all of the drivers and guides she works with. They were all friendly and knowledgable. They made each day with them a great learning experience while not being exhausting. We really felt that we had a feel for the Italian people and their culture, which is what we wanted to get out of our vacation.

Whenever I tell anyone about our trip to Italy I am sure to mention Kathy and New Tuscan Experience!! 

Liz W. - Alabama, USA

Comments